|3. Quality Process
All units are disassembled, cleaned, inspected and tested, then factory remanufactured using quality O.E.M. spec service parts that give our starter motors their excellent original equipment performance. All motors are assembled with solenoid in place, then 100% tested for pinion clearance and cranking performance.
- Frame and field assembly. Cleaned, inspected and coils replaced or reconditioned. Frame liners replaced. Field leads and frame liner insulation positioned properly. Pole shoes machine tightened. Points replaced on all Ford starters. All units tested for grounds and opens.
- Armature. Refinished to like new condition. Commutator turned and windings reimpregnated with epoxy like varnish. Spline, shaft straightness and bearing diameters checked. Complete unit electrically tested.
- Brush Assembly. New long-life brushes. New springs and holders, if needed. New self-lubrication bearing. terminal insulation and seal.
- Solenoid. New and remanufactured to O.E.M. specs.
- Drive Housing. Cleaned and inspected for tolerance. New self-lubricating bearing added with new oil wicks.
- Drive Assembly. New and remanufactured to O.E.M. specs.
All starters are then machine tested, with a computerized Starter Load Tester, for CRANKING LOADS and are LOCK TESTED to check for slippage in the drive and clutch to insure long lasting performance.
Each remanufactured unit is tested at various speeds, under load. Components and sub-assemblies are cleaned, inspected, tested and replaced with Quality O.E.M. Spec. service parts where needed. All seals and hardware are replaced. Ball bearings replaced with new only. Bolts torqued to proper levels and major sub-assemblies carefully checked.
All Alternators are then machine tested, with a Computerized Alternator Tester, at idle speed output, and voltage setting for long lasting performance.
- Stator. Cleaned, re coated and leads replaced if needed. Unit electrically tested for circuit continuity, phase to phase balance, opens and grounds.
- Rotor. Slip ring refinished and windings re coated. Unit tested for shorts, opens and grounds.
- Regulator. Inspected and voltage limit checked under simulated road load conditions to meet O.E.M. design specifications. If regulator tests to be no good then it is replaced with New Updated Versions.
- Bearings. New slip-ring end roller bearings. New drive-end ball bearings.
- Trio Diodes. All are replaced with a new Heavy Duty 3 Amp Trio Diode.
- Rectifier Bridge. Special test equipment checks each diode circuit individually for shorts or opens. Any units with a history of diode problems are replace with Larger Capacity Diodes.
- Electrical Connections, Terminals and Hardware. Inspected and replaced if corroded.
- End Frames. Cleaned, bearing bore diameters checked.
- Brush Assembly. New long life brushes, new springs and holder.